Details coming soon!
Entry Period: 3/23/20 –
Contest Rules & Information:
- Contest will open for entries 3/23/20 and close at 11:59 pm on
- The contest is open to non-members. Price per entry for non-members is $24 ($12 for members) Want to pay the member rate? Become an FNAME member @ http://fname.org/join
- All entries must be original pieces and have been published between April 16, 2019 and April 15, 2020.
- All entries must include the submission of the entire page on which the ad originally appeared.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit per category.
- Magazines are eligible to enter in every category
- Agency ads and ready-made ads from services are ineligible.
- Entrants may submit in-house or outsourced creative ads.
- If a publishing group creates an ad or promotion that runs in more than one of its papers, and its papers are entered in different circulation divisions, the group must submit the entry under the publication with the highest circulation.
- You must submit a Circulation Verification form by May 31, 2020 to ensure your entries are judged in the correct division.
- The cost of shipping awards not picked up at the conference will be charged to the entrant’s newspaper.
- Group 1 - circulation 50,000 and over
- Group 2 - circulation under 50,000
Category 2 Business to Consumer/Business to Business Best ad featuring financial, professional or educational services.
Category 3 Health Care Best ad featuring health care. Health Care includes health care providers, including hospitals and nursing homes.
Category 4 Auto/Boating Best ad featuring auto/boating. Auto/Boating includes automotive or boat dealerships - new or used, repair services, auto aftermarket.
Category 5 Real Estate Best ad featuring real estate. Real Estate includes realtors, real estate developers, homebuilders, single or multi-advertiser.
Category 6 Market Book/Collateral Material Best market book, research piece, rate card, sales packet and/or other collateral promoting a newspaper or its market.
Category 7 Special Section Best in-paper special section with participation by one or more advertisers, regardless of merchandise.
Category 8 Dining and Entertainment Best ad featuring a restaurant, entertainment, travel or tourism.
Category 9 Niche Publication Best alternative product (editorial or advertorial) featuring a targeted demographic (seniors, health, women’s issues, parenting, etc.)
Category 10 Inserts Best web-print or press-fed insert designed for a single advertiser, for direct mail or in-paper, regardless of merchandise.
Category 11 Best Color Ad Best ad featuring spot or full color regardless of category. Only newspaper magazines are eligible to enter in this category.
Category 12 Best Cover Design Any special section.
Category 13 Digital Submit your best online ad or ad campaign.
Category 14 Best Multi-Media Online & Print Campaign Any campaign appearing on both the publication’s website and inside the publication. Must have been created locally by publisher. Submit a permanent link, a screenshot saved as a PDF or JPEG, and the print component as a PDF. An explanatory letter (maximum 500 words) must accompany each entry explaining such things as: were there multiple components to the campaign? Impressions, search, email blasts? Submit images of each component and explain how and where they served.
Category 15 Best Newspaper Self-Promotion Best house ad or self-promotion of your newspaper’s products or services.
Category 16 Unique and Premium Positions Front-page note, Dog-ear, Front-page strip, unique-shaped ads.
Category 17 Best Mobile Application Best and most creative mobile ad unit regardless of category.
Category 18 Best Social Media Best and most creative use of social media in an ad campaign.
Category 19 Best Newsletter Best use of a newsletter in an ad campaign.
Category 20 Best Online Video Application Best and most creative video ad regardless of category.
Don’t miss out on any information about this year’s contest! Subscribe now to the FNAME Creative Excellence Contest email list:
2019 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.
2018 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.
2017 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.