The 2021 entry period has ended.
Entry Period: 3/15/21 –
Contest Rules & Information:
- Contest will open for entries 3/15/21 and close at 11:59 pm on
- The contest is open to non-members. Price per entry for non-members is $24 ($12 for members) Want to pay the member rate? Become an FNAME member @ http://fname.org/join
- All entries must be original pieces and have been published between April 16, 2019 and April 12, 2021.
- All entries must include the submission of the entire page on which the ad originally appeared.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit per category.
- Magazines are eligible to enter in every category
- Agency ads and ready-made ads from services are ineligible.
- Entrants may submit in-house or outsourced creative ads.
- If a publishing group creates an ad or promotion that runs in more than one of its papers, and its papers are entered in different circulation divisions, the group must submit the entry under the publication with the highest circulation.
- You must submit a Division Verification form by the contest deadline to ensure your entries are judged in the correct division.
- The cost of shipping awards not picked up at the Florida Media Conference will be charged to the entrant’s newspaper.
NEW DIVISIONS THIS YEAR!
- Group 1 - circulation 50,000 and over
- Group 2 - circulation under 50,000
In categories with circulation divisions, if there are fewer than five entries by three publications in any division, those entries will be combined with the next closest division for judging.
Category 1 Special Section Best in-paper special section with participation by one or more advertisers, regardless of merchandise.
Category 2 Best Cover Design Any special section.
Category 3 Niche Publication Best alternative product (editorial or advertorial) featuring a targeted demographic (seniors, health, women’s issues, parenting, etc.)
Category 4 Inserts Best web-print or press-fed insert designed for a single advertiser, for direct mail or in-paper, regardless of merchandise.
Category 5 Unique and Premium Positions Front-page note, Dog-ear, Front-page strip, unique-shaped ads.
Category 6 Digital Submit your best online ad or ad campaign.
Category 7 Best Multi-Media Online & Print Campaign Any campaign appearing on both the publication’s website and inside the publication. Must have been created locally by publisher. Submit a permanent link, a screenshot saved as a PDF or JPEG, and the print component as a PDF. An explanatory letter (maximum 500 words) must accompany each entry explaining such things as: were there multiple components to the campaign? Impressions, search, email blasts? Submit images of each component and explain how and where they served.
Category 8 Best Social Media Best and most creative use of social media in an ad campaign.
NEW! Category 9 Content Advertising – Content Advertising or Sponsored Content” includes advertorial content where advertiser is offering educational information in their field of expertise. Ad can be in form of print ad, online banner ads, social media or a combination of all three.
Category 10 Best Sponsored Content e-Blast Best use of sponsored content in an email campaign.
Category 11 Best Online Video Application Best and most creative video ad regardless of category.
Category 12 Market Book/Collateral Material Best market book, research piece, rate card, sales packet and/or other collateral promoting a newspaper or its market.
Category 13 Best Newspaper Self-Promotion Best print house ad or self-promotion of your newspaper’s products or services.
NEW! Category 14 Self-Promotional Web Ad- Best Branding Online Ad to promote print or online version of publication.
NEW! Category 15 Best Promotional or Reader Contest- Contest could be featured in print and or online to encourage or increase reader engagement.
NEW! Category 16 Best COVID Pivot- This category is intended to recognize creative new revenue sources after COVID disruption of normal revenue streams. IMPORTANT! Entry should include a one-page summary of the changes that were made, how the plan was executed, and the results of the pivot
Category 17 Display Advertising Most creative ad featuring such areas as apparel, furniture, appliances, hardware, food and drug, florists or jewelry.
Category 18 Business to Consumer/Business to Business Best ad featuring financial, professional or educational services. Category 19 Health Care Best ad featuring health care. Health Care includes health care providers, including hospitals and nursing homes.
Category 20 Auto/Boating Best ad featuring auto/boating. Auto/Boating includes automotive or boat dealerships - new or used, repair services, auto aftermarket.
Category 21 Real Estate Best ad featuring real estate. Real Estate includes realtors, real estate developers, homebuilders, single or multi-advertiser.
Category 22 Dining and Entertainment Best ad featuring a restaurant, entertainment, travel or tourism.
NEW! Category 23 Service Industry- Best ad featuring any service industry. Service Industry includes any business providing a “service” rather than a “product” to customer or client.
NEW! Category 24 Local Business Support- Best Innovative and Creative Campaign appearing in print or online that directly supported local businesses in community. IMPORTANT! Entry should include a one-page summary of how the campaign helped the local business, and the results of the campaign.
- On the contest site: https://florida.awardsplatform.com/ register by entering your first and last names, email address and a password that you create.
- If you are already registered, log-in using your email and password.
- On the left menu bar click “Entries” then “Manage entries”
- At the top of the page click the button “Start Entry”
- Under “Contest” select “FNAME Creative Excellence Contest”
- Under “Category” select your category. Category rules will appear on the page when the category is selected.
- Under “Entry name” type in a title for your entry
- Under “Publication name” type in the publication for which you are submitting the entry
- Click “Save + next”
- This will take you to the next tab “Staff credits” where you can enter contributors by clicking the “Add contributor” button. You can click it multiple times to add multiple people.
- Click “Save + next”
- This will take you to the “Attachments” tab where you can upload attachments and/or submit a URL. You can click the buttons multiple times to add multiple attachments/URLs.
- When you are done with the entry click “Save + close” at the bottom
- When ALL of your entries are complete and you are ready to pay for all entries, go into each entry and click the "Submit Entry" button to add it to your cart. IMPORTANT! Do not click the “Submit Entry” button on your entry until you are finished editing all of your entries and are ready to checkout and pay. The payment cart clears itself out after 24 hours so if you submit your entry and do not complete the checkout process within the same 24 hours you will have to go back into each entry and hit the “Submit Entry” button again. If you are not ready to check out with ALL of your entries, click “Save + Close” when done editing an entry. When you are ready to check out, go into each entry and click “Submit Entry”.
Online Payment Instructions:
- Log in to your florida.awardsplatform.com account
- Go to "My Entries" page
- Open each entry and click "Submit Entry"
- This will take you to the payment cart
- Click "Add more entries to cart" which will take you back to your "My Entries" page
- Repeat Steps 3-5 until you have submitted all of your entries
- Verify that the number of entries in your cart match the number of entries you are submitting
- Fill out required billing information
- Select to either pay by credit card or select the invoice option to pay by check
- Click the "Proceed to Payment" button to complete payment
If paying by check please include a copy of your invoice with your payment. Make checks payable to Florida Newspaper Advertising and Marketing Executives. Send checks to: FNAME Creative Excellence Contest c/o Devon Dunkle 1025 Greenwood Blvd, Ste 191 Lake Mary, FL 32746-2111
How do multiple people from my newspaper enter the contest? Each person will need to create an account at florida.awardsplatform.com.
The system said it sent a verification email to me, but I didn’t receive it. What do i do? First, be sure to check that the email is not in your spam or junk folder. If you are still unable to find it, please send an email to email@example.com.
How many times may I enter each category? There are no restrictions. You may enter a category as many times as you like.
What file formats are accepted for uploading? Accepted file types are PDF, JPG, GIF, and PNG.
What is the file size limit? The contest platform will allow files up to 20MB each. You may submit multiple files with each entry.
How do I see the entries I’ve created? How do I make changes? When logged into the website, the black bar on the left-hand side of the screen will have a section called “My entries”. There, you can see all entries you’ve created, as well as their status (“In progress” or “Submitted”). You can edit an entry at any time, even after submission (until the contest period closes), by clicking the name of the entry.
How can I make my PDF files smaller? Most newspaper PDFs include high-resolution images for printing. However, PDF contest entries will be viewed and judged on a computer monitor, which displays at low resolution (72-96 dpi) in RGB color. Changes in the resolution and color mode of images are the most effective way to reduce file size without sacrificing quality. a. Resolution: The recommended file resolution is 72-96dpi. b. Color mode: Converting from CMYK to RGB color will reduce image file size by 25%.
What if I cannot make the files small enough? If you cannot make your files small enough to load to the website, then you may host larger files from your corporate server or use the free service online at www.issuu.com.
I don’t see all my entries in my payment cart, what do I do? Do not click the “Submit Entry” button on your entry until you are finished editing all of your entries and are ready to checkout and pay. The payment cart clears itself out after 24 hours so if you submit your entry and do not complete the checkout process within the same 24 hours you will have to go back into each entry and hit the “Submit Entry” button again. If you are not ready to check out with ALL of your entries, click “Save + Close” when done editing an entry. When you are ready to check out, go into each entry and click “Submit Entry”.
Don’t miss out on any information about this year’s contest! Subscribe now to the FNAME Creative Excellence Contest email list:
2019 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.
2018 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.
2017 FNAME Creative Excellence Contest winner’s list, presentation, photos, and more.